External W x D x H: 19.625″ x 34″ x 47.125″
Frying Area W x D: 18″ x 18″
Cook Depth: 2.0″ – 3.5″
Oil Capacity: 65 – 80 lbs
Tube Burners: 4
BTU Rating: 95,000
Gas Supply: 3/4″ NPT
Supply Pressure (Natural)**: 7 – 10″ w.c.
*Propane Gas is also available
**Check plumbing / gas codes for proper gas supply line sizing to sustain burner pressure when all gas appliances are full on
• Welded stainless steel tank with an extra smooth peened finish ensures easy cleaning
• Long lasting, high temperature alloy stainless steel heat baffles are mounted in the heat exchanger tubes to provide maximum heating and combustion
• Standing pilot light design provides a ready flame when heat is required
• Stainless steel front, door, sides and splash back
• Solstice burner/baffle design increases cooking production, lowers flue temperature, improves working environment, and generates more production per BTU
• Thermostat maintains selected temperature automatically between 200°F and 400°F
• Integrated gas control valve acts as a manual and pilot valve, automatic pilot valve, gas filter, pressure regulator, and automatic main valve
• Gas control valve prevents gas flow to the main burner until pilot is established and shuts off all gas flow automatically if the pilot flame goes out
• Temperature limit switch safely shuts off all gas flow if the fryer temperature exceeds the upper limit
• Front 1-1/4″ NPT drain valve, for quick draining
• One tube rack
• One built-in flue deflector
• Two twin size baskets
• One drain extension
• One drain line clean-out rod
• Removable basket hanger for easy cleaning
• 9” adjustable legs, easier access to clean
Options and Accessories
• Tank Cover
• 9” Casters
How Does Try it Buy it work?
Our Try It Buy It offer, is a rental solution meaning you do not own the equipment, but simply pay an amount each week to use it. We offer contracts of 2 or 3 years. At the end of the rental you can send the equipment back with no penalty, continue renting it under the same terms, or buy it outright, whichever suits you best.
How much do I pay?
We charge weekly rental for the equipment to make it easy to budget. After you secure the items with the equivalent of a single weekly payment through the website we will ask for an 12 week deposit upfront, but this will be returned to you when you complete your contract as long as the equipment is in good order.
What is the difference between lease and rental?
Under a rental agreement, you do not own the equipment nor are you making payment instalments against a final purchase fee. Our rental agreements however provide the flexibility for you to hand back the equipment for no penalty fee at the end of the contract period, purchase it at market rate or carry on renting it. Equipment maintenance is covered under your rental agreement.
Can I choose Big Rental, how is it different?
This is a package designed for multi-chain, stadiums, large restaurant/ venues, institutions and other locations like this when you just need a little more. Big Rental includes; our experts helping you to design your layouts, have experts help pick the best suited equipment, rent over a longer terms of 5 years, enjoy high levels of service and proactive maintenance. That’s one less thing for you to worry about at your venue, when it comes to your foodservice equipment – we’ve got you!
What credit checks will you do?
We ask all our rental customers to fill in a credit check form before we agree to send out equipment. It is conducted through our partners at Experian, one of the world's leading experts in credit. The form takes five minutes and is easy to understand, we can do this by sending you a link or over the phone. This allows us to understand the right level of credit to extend, which protects you from undue financial burden.
Will your credit check affect my credit score?
We undertake a soft credit check to assess your eligibility for our rental products.
When do I get my equipment?
Our advisors will let you know when you are finalising your order.
Do I need to pay for installation?
This depends on the equipment, but in most cases you will have to pay towards installation.
All deliveries, unless otherwise stated, are kerbside deliveries. This means we deliver to the kerb at your property, and you are responsible for moving them into position and installation.
Can I rent more if I already have one contract with you?
If your business is growing or you suffer an expected breakdown you can rent more! Each time you do we keep this simple and easy so you have clear view of your payment dates and amounts for each new addition!
What happens if the equipment breaks down?
Under rental contracts we will arrange for your equipment to be fixed if there is a problem with it. Equipment sales are covered by manufacturer's warranty and additional aspects to service and maintenance are available depending on which rental type you chose.
Important equipment information
There may be a variety of power connections available with this product, or it may require additional connection equipment. Please also ensure that you have the correct power source in place to run the equipment. Please check with your sales representative if you’re unsure.